Thursday, June 14, 2007

I have the best sister this side of the Mississippi

Today when I came home from work, I found this. My lovely sister had bought me maternity clothes. I love her. She knows that I hate shopping and she does it for me. It was a late Mother's Day present even though I'm not a mother, unless you count all my many pets but that's just creepy. Please also note our new frog shaped humidifier. It helps me to breathe at night and therefore sleep. It is the best friend Dave has made since moving to North Carolina.

I would also like to take this time to thank my Mother in Law, Nancy, who has funded all the other maternity purchases I have made.

And also Emily Righter and her sisters even if they don't know that they loaned me all their maternity clothes. All the pants go up to my armpits. No for real. They actually go up to my armpits. I saw in a magazine once where some rich person who was clearly too full of themself wore really long pants and put a belt around the top so it looked like a whole outfit. I think it was Sienna Miller. I could do that with them. Don't worry, I won't, but I could.

So once again, thanks to everyone who supports the Big Orange Baby by helping me to not get beat up on the mean streets of Cary for wearing inappropriate clothing whilst I grow in the middle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to think that I am the best sister this side of the Mississippi, but you live here too and I don't really want to fight you for the title. I hope all those shirts fit.

Unknown said...

On behalf of me and all my sisters, you're welcome. But to show your appreciation, I want to see that pant outfit. And pictures on the blog for the benefit of others.

Elizabeth said...

horray for fashon

Karen B said...

Ali-you are MY best sister this side of the Mississippi. You can have me as your best sister and it doesn't interfere.

Emily-what if I draw you a picture or find the awful one of Sienna Miller and paste my head over hers?

Ann said...

Wow. None of my sisters ever filled up my closet. You are one lucky mama-to-be!

I'm glad the humidifier works for you. Get all the sleep you can now.

chunkymonkey said...

I Love humidifiers and vaporizers even more. Yes, there is a difference. Ann, you filled up my closet.

Anonymous said...

Can I be your best sister west of the Mississippi? I'm the only one who isn't trying to steal your thunder.

Anonymous said...

Well said.