Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm an Outcast but Maybe Stinky Pete Can Fix It

My dog hates me. I guess hate is a strong word. My dog shakes with fear at the very thought of having to live in the same house with me. When I say shake I mean actual, literal shaking. Especially in the hind quarters. Most of the time she tolerates me because she has no choice and I am very giving with the treats. Plus, there are tons of kids around who drop crackers and she can overlook my presence and distract herself on her hourly pass through the kitchen and living room for dropped food stuffs. But Dave left and he took Leah. She has to spend 3 whole days alone with me. At first she just slept in the corner of different rooms hoping for Dave's return. Now if I walk in a room, she will get up and leave. Even if she is fully asleep. Last night I came home from work and she got up to come and greet me (thinking it might be someone else). I heard her jump off of something and come running. When she saw me at the top of the stairs, she stopped dead in her tracks and refused to come down. Normally, if you entice her with going out she'll make a bee line for the door. I had to go upstairs and corner her to put her leash on to take her for a walk. She did enjoy the walk but as soon as we got home, she tried to back out of her leash and not come back in the house with me. Ingrate.

Leah makes me an outcast because we don't have much in common anymore. She, unlike the dog, thinks the Earth revolves around me (I guess we do have that in common) but she is girly. She likes to wear dresses and twirl around. She also knows quite well how to accessorize her dresses with necklaces, sunglasses and purses. I'm not sure where she learned it because it wasn't from me. Maybe Dave has a secret side he isn't quite ready to share with me.

I'm hoping Stinky Pete will want to hang with me and read the internet and drink Dr. Pepper all day. He's my last holdout for fitting in at home now. That was a lot of buildup to say Stinky Pete is a boy. So maybe at the end of September, he'll come out and do crossword puzzles with me.






The top picture is a side profile. You can kind of make out the shape of the head, nose and mouth. The bottom picture is proof of the baby being a boy. I know it's hard to read so here is my Paint intepretation of it. You have to imagine that the baby is sitting on a glass table and you are looking directly up at him. You also may have to enlarge the picture to see my outlines.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Unless SP wants to open a hotdog stand. Or twirl in dresses.

But don't worry. I'm putting my money on crosswords.

karin said...

Boys are fabulous. Out of 3, I have found one that prefers me over their dad and he is still young so we will see how that goes. The oldest is learning, "I like dad AND mom." They all enjoy watching The Wheel with me, so there is hope for the crosswords.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Liz will be able to let go of all the outfits she had planned to dress Stinky Pete in. I think she may make him wear everything Leah wore.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I contemplate the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I contemplate the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)