Thursday, August 30, 2007

Per Jake's Request...

...here is our family portrait.

Fact: I am not a good drawer in Paint (That is Drah-err, not like a dresser drohr)

Fact: I am really not a good drah-err anywhere. I shouldn't just blame a bad program. After all, Paint really did provide Jake with seconds of entertainment on my last post.

Fact: Our mother did not leave us, she is merely on vacation in the post below.

Fact: All the kids are wearing our Yeagley numbered shirts but the numbers are on the back. Dad is wearing his General Cleanup shirt but I didn't even want to attempt to draw Mr. Clean.

Fact: The only attempt at any emotion I made in my artwork is Jake is growling and clenching his fists to show how strong he is. I hear he wants to poke the bear now that she has butt brain.

Fact: The Bear really is much closer to Jake's height in real life but I figured it would add to his showing of strength (really I just have no spacial concept and figured I would make it look intentional)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. I'm glad you cleared up the Mom Location Mystery. I had been wondering. And I'm glad work is keeping you busy today. Doesn't it make life so much more meaningful?

Anonymous said...

I'm not crazy about the fact that I look like a little kid in this picture, but Scott says that's what I get for making you a fat Simpson.

karin said...

This is hilarious. And I want Em to spend her work hours "drah-ing" us.

I think you could have done the Mr. Clean on the shirt, at least it would have been interesting to try to figure out what it was.

Anonymous said...

That's stunning! I think you have an alternative career as a portrait artist. Just make sure you always work in your star medium, the majesty of MS Paint.

Also, it's true that Alice is a tiny person. And that my strength is almost otherworldly.

chunkymonkey said...

I remember those red Yeagly shirts! I always wondered why we didn't have any. Why do you refer to Ali as the bear?

Karen B said...

Ali is the bear because she used to have the ability to fight (mostly verbally but she could hold her own physically if it came down to it, although hasn't for many years) and now that she is on her medication she has no fight left. Jake says he wants to poke the bear now that she is docile.

Anonymous said...

Actually, growing up Alice and I had a relationship better described as like a cobra and a mongoose. It was usually a fair fight, but the cobra always seems angrier. And the mongoose is just kidding until he's eating the snake or, you know...just dead.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had more time at my job to make wonderful creations. Jake couldn't have done a better job. Or maybe he could?! Hmmmm.

Shawn Macomber said...

Jake is shockingly fit in this rendering. Are you trying to represent reality, Karen, or create it?