Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jumping on the Recipe Bandwagon

Since everyone posts great recipes all the time I figured I would post one too. Most of you know I'm not much of a cook so this is a fairly easy crock pot recipe. It isn't often that Dave lets me near the thing so I don't make it often. This meal was actually discovered by Liz and I. We decided to do a little experimenting in the kitchen one day.


Slow Cooked Roast Leah
________________________

9 1/2 pounds Leah
6 cups Apple Juice
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbs Garlic Flakes

Mix spices and rub into skin of raw Leah. Place Leah in crock pot. Pour apple juice in bottom. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Best served with White Zinfandel. Serves 6.



This image shows all the ingredients ready for cooking in the crock pot.



Here is the meal ready to serve.




What a delicious meal. I could go for seconds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exactly why you had to audition my birthday cake last year! Leah is much cuter than a dead pig with an apple in it's mouth.

Ann said...

Crock pot, bouncy seat, same thing.

karin said...

She looks so happy in the crock pot, maybe H would like a cookie sheet.

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I want some, too!