Monday, January 28, 2008

My Dreams Came True and a Man Almost Died All for Ali's Birthday

I celebrated Ali's birthday all day today. Everything that happened was for her. It wasn't just me though. Many others celebrated as well.

At 2:00 am, a man crashed his pickup truck head on into the tree 10 feet away from Leah's room after knocking down a light pole in honor of Ali's 32 years of life.

I went to the doctor for my post natal checkup and let someone get pretty familiar in honor of Ali's 3.2 decades. I don't normally let people get that fresh unless they buy me computers and bikes and then marry me and father my child...but for Ali's birthday I let it slide.

Leah blew out a diaper in the front and the back just so she could put on a new outfit for the most important social event of the year, Ali's birthday party.

Most importantly, Chipotle opened a new location WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF MY HOUSE, and gave away free burritos all day for Ali's birthday. We decided to have Ali's birthday party there. We made Chipotle themed party hats and had a cake but we had to take the cake home and eat it because when we finished our burritos it was just us and 20 or so employees, who ate pizza instead of burritos.


Here I am, basking in the bliss of the close proximity to my house.


Here is Liz. We made the hats together on Pie Sunday. Long live Pie Sunday even if there is no pie!!!


Here is Emily. I think she would have worn her hat for the entire meal if it would have stayed on.


Dave was thoroughly embarrassed that we made him wear this hat and is dreading me putting this picture here. He is also worried that Candace, the manager, is going to post them on Chipotle's website since she took pictures of her own. He did say his burrito was good.


H had the best time because he made lots of lifelong friends, He had a good time despite his mom telling him that if he took off his hat, Aliens would be able to monitor his thoughts.


Leah opted to sleep since she wasn't going to get her burrito for another three hours or so.


Ali's cake was made of wheat. We celebrated being able to eat that as well. It says "WE LOVE WHEAT + ALI" in case you can't tell.




We had to put the candles on the sides since we ran out of room on the top.


Then I got to eat Ali.


We had one piece of cake left and Emily suggested in a whispery evil voice that we save it for Ali. AJ had to miss it for school. Nothing good ever comes from stupid dumb old school.

HAPPT BIRTHDAY ALI. I hope tomorrow is just as eventful for Dad's birthday, So far I have an oil change lined up. Can't wait.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

my favorite part was when emily said that we should save a piece for ali because emily was being evil....i could also see ali's disapproving face as she might say to emily...."are you taunting me w/ wheat?"

Happy B-day Ali!!! the cake was wheat-a-licious

karin said...

I want Chipotle and cake now.

Some many things in honor of Ali, I wish my birthday was as eventful.

Anonymous said...

So who blew out all my candles? I think candles on the side is genius -- no wax in your frosting. I think the hats are great and I hope you saved all of them. Dave's hat is the very best, followed by Leah's tinfoil pigtails. And Emily, we may have to have words about your wheat taunts!

My day was filled with snow, Dad staying home with me and goofing off a bit (I've never been so proud of him), and Mom and I heading to the mall for some light shopping. There were multiple car accidents, but Dad avoided being one of them.

Karen B said...

We blew out ypur candles together. Mostly me though. They were getting really close to burned out because we waited so long for pictures.

Unknown said...

Walter thought I was the meanest person in the world when I told him about our wheat-based cake. Good thing I didn't tell him about my evility.
You know, 32=2*2*2*2*2. That's neat.