Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tournament Picks

My work is kindly hosting one of those tournament pick things where everyone fills in the brackets for March Madness and then whoever wins gets money. They are footing the bill so it doesn't cost anything to enter. I know nothing about basketball so I had to come up with a way to make my picks.

Emily suggested I take the mascots from each team and see who could win in a fight. We had a really lengthy discussion about hats with legs vs. turtles and poisonous nuts vs. I don't remember what the other mascot was. Anyhow, I decided not to use that method since I don't know many mascots so the research it would take would be equivelant to looking up to see who was better and making legitimate choices.

I also thought about doing it alphabetically backwards. I decided that wasn't fun enough. The method I picked was this. For each school, I chose the team for which I knew someone who attended or lived near there. Then when I had people I knew from each team I figured it based on who would win in a fight. It was a tough choice. I had to choose between some really tough competitions. Like, who would win in a fight between my parents and Devin. This was a really tough choice because there are two of my parents and one Devin but my parents aren't much for fighting and Devin is all athletic and stuff.

Also, I had to pit Ali and Jake. They have a long history with no clear winner and now they are all friendly. I had to pick Ali because it was UNC and she still had a lot of her fury back in her UNC days.

I'm sorry Emily and AJ, but I put my money on April when you had to fight her because I know neither of you would ever hit my sister and she would definately hit you if I got her drunk enough.

I also had to make some tough choices among people who's fighting skills I'm not that familiar. Who would win between Aunt Nancy and Uncle Gary vs Dave's cousin Julie? That Julie sure has a lot of Moxie but she's so small and there's two of them. I decided their's would be a battle of wits and still couldn't come out with a winner. Both sides are really intelligent.

My mom did lose to one of my old bosses. She was like Miss Trunchbull from Matilda. I think she secretly had a chokey in her cubicle.

Emily and AJ beat the lady that cuts my hair and all the Stewarts living in Cali beat the receptionist here at work's boyfriend.

Devin beat the Trunchbull.

But as we all know, nothing beats the fury that comes from my lovely sister Ali. Congrats UNC. Get me $150.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

If April hit me first, I would hit back. But I'm pregnant and therefore tired and off balance. And you're right, AJ wouldn't hit her.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Do I get a cut? I also made my team the winner, but it's not too far fetched. It's not like the Patriot's 15 years ago or anything.

go_Jake said...

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the... No, it's not the size of the dog fight in the barn... No, it's not the color of the barn, but the color of the eyes of the....No, this is dumb. Alice can't fight anymore, no matter what color she paints her dog-fighting barn. Sorry, UNC.

Eye Family said...

Now I'm kinda glad Virginia Tech didn't make it into the tournament. I don't want to know where Mike, Jason and I would have stack up against any Yeagley.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

You'd beat me in any fight. It's a well known and made fun of fact that I'm the biggest sissy of all the Yeagley's (even my dead birds were tougher than me).

Trost Fam. said...

I always pick you in fights, I don't know what your talking about Debbie. I should know.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Yarnold said...

I would absolutely win in a fight against a pregnant girl. Drunk or sober.