Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Call for recipes.

Ali has been told she has to go completely gluten free so I am putting out a call for recipes that are wheat free, gluten free, nut free, melon free, shell fish free and peanut free. This rules out oat flour as a substitute. She does good with rice flour. I am not a cooking type of person and she is too sick to do much research on her own. I am hoping to compile a bunch of recipes and get her family, friends and Relief Society to pitch in and help out making her some food.

Please see if you can find anything and post it in my comments.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And no dairy.

Ann said...

OK- this is what I found after a quick search. I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but here you go anyway.

Gluten-free Recipe Exchange:
http://www.gluten.net/recipes/

Gluten-free Products:
http://www.glutenfree.com/home.aspx

Stuffing for Thanksgiving:
http://gfkitchen.server101.com/recipes_vegetables.htm

Ann said...

No dairy either?? I'm pretty sure all the recipes on those sites called for milk or butter.

Mmmm...OK one said a cup of milk could be substituted with 1 cup water and 2 Tbsp Vance's Dari Free powder in the dry ingredients. Will that work?

Unknown said...

so don't bother with the cornbread, or do you think rice flour can work in that instead of oat? Also, what about that loaf Ali gave me for stuffing? Is it still okay? Forget it, I'll just call Ali this morning.

Anonymous said...

I'll see what I can find this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Mike eats a lot of gluten free pasta that I think tastes good. And it's filling. Also, a recipe book called the Gluten Free Gourmet is his BFF.