Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Leah's Luscious Lenugo Locks

http://www.pbs.org/art21/slideshow/artists/s/smith-print-003.jpg
Potential portrait of my lovely Leah
I was at the doctor with my sister the other day and we were trying to schedule a procedure around my due date and the nurse made a rather strange comment. She said the reason Leah hasn't yet been born is because she is doing her hair and make up so she will be pretty when she comes out.

The image “http://www.crazedfanboy.com/nolansnewsstand/PCR/garywolfgirljpg.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

The first image to pop into my head was of Leah, looking like a monkey and combing her lenugo. She hasn't got any hair on her head so I imagine she has one of those small black combs you get at school for picture day and she is combing that fine hair all over her body. Then I picture the wolf people from circus freak shows.

I am thinking I need to schedule a c-section right away because if I push her out the traditional way, most of her hair will come off and she will be one angry baby since she is clearly spending at least 4 weeks working on making sure the part in her knee hair is really straight.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/94/38/23343894.jpg

Secondly, I hope she has waterproof mascara because if she makes her grand entrance into the world with smudged eyes, none of us will be impressed and it may be like a scene from Carrie. You just don't realize how tough parenting will really be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What that nurse said, Bobbi Sue or Bobbi Lee, or whatever her name is, was the most oddball thing I have ever heard anyone say to a pregnant mother ever! I did however nearly pee my pants at the thought of Leah combing her arms in preparation for her arrival in order to be the most beautiful baby ever.

karin said...

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard told to a prego woman about why her baby isn't here yet. But at least you have the imagination to make it an entertaining experience (and blog posting).

Unknown said...

I love the wolf girl photo, and the wonderful imagery of the picture day comb. But we need to remember that she's the big orange baby, so all that lenugo is orange. I had forgotten briefly.

Karen B said...

Did you recognize the Wolf Girl picture from Gilmore Girls? It is what Emily and Richard gave to Lorelai as a wedding present. It is a really famous piece of art. Liz pegged it right away.

Anonymous said...

When Leah's old enough, she and Murphy can share clothes and comb each other's orange fur. And people will ask if they're twins, like Emily and April used to get. But with the monstrous fur.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!